Monday, December 14, 2015

The Roches - The Roches (1979)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t4dww1rlbidx97w/HMatW-TB1977.zip
The Roches
The Roches (1979, Warner Bros. Records)

"The Roches will not appeal to everyone. There is something undeniably quirky or goofy about their music, some would likely say corny. Yet there are moments, and for me an underlying current, of satiric warmth and genius. Songs like Hammond Song or Damned Old Dog overflow w/ narrative mastery and vocal power. In the end you may hate this album. The first time I heard it I fell in love, the second I bought my own copy, and each time since it's become more and more important to me. Good luck!" - DD


Note: This will be the last album I post this year outside of Christmas tunes. I wanted to stop at 44 posts, but also wanted to beat my previous years (aside from 2010 when I was jobless and spending a lot of time at home listening to music) so I will post a few Christmas albums I've been into this year and hopefully you enjoy them. It's been a fantastic year for BT and it couldn't have happened without all of the incredible feedback I've received from everyone. Thank you so much for the continued support and interest!! And here's to a successful 2016 as well, happy holidays everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got this 'un on cassette, but yeah, a great folk, indie find.